“East India Company”
Financing Model for Mars Direct by Creating a Publicly Held Stock company Called: MARS CORP.
The Power of Ten Clubs International, 3743 Pulaski Ave., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140
MARS CORP. uses a corporate structure as a vehicle to bring the widest spectrum of space supporters into the Mars Direct program. This proposal takes advantage of the long lead-time nature of initial exploration to provide “Demming”, just-in-time cash flow programmability.
Problems associated with SEC “Blue Sky” laws are satisfied by utilizing the mutual investment club method.
Corporate structure mimics the democratic process; one share, one vote; providing means of eliminating “politically correct”, social engineering from being inflicted upon MARS CORP. via prohibitions written into the bylaws.
1. Establish ownership of the first, privately owned, profit motivated, Public Utility on Mars via ownership of the “Zubrin Generators”; and, a commercial “Mars Property Right”.
2. MARS CORP. habitats, for sale to investor/explorers et al, on Mars, will establish a “homestead” private property right, simultaneously creating a claim to land as a homestead right.
3. Exploration by MARS CORP. rovers will establish a rational claim to “boundaries” of contiguous property claimed by MARS CORP.
4. MARS CORP. infrastructure, once established, creates extra leverage for negotiating scheduled transport services form NASA et al.
5. Profit in the highly speculative MARS CORP. is provided Profit Driven Investors via branded merchandise, souvenirs, entertainment contracts, leases, contract services, etc.
Exploration Driven Investors benefit from banking MARS CORP. “credits”, on Mars, which will become the de facto medium of exchange. Credits to establish pre-positioned habitats and life support needs.
A Mutual Investment Club program, pre-tested over thirteen years, specifically designed in 1985 by Power of Ten Clubs International, Ltd., a Delaware nonprofit corporation, to enable space supporters of modest means to participate in space exploration will be explained. This concept can fully fund Mars Direct without imposition of economic stress on any participating member.